Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dear Moms, HELP!!!

Okay, we need to have the baby carrier chat. My sister in-law gave me a little carrier for Nolan before he was born and we used it and used it, but he outgrew it about 3 months ago, and I've put off getting a replacement long enough! I'm hoping it's not too late. Nolan is after-all 4 months old now, and maybe since he hasn't been used to being carried in a carrier he'll hate it, but by george it's worth a try! So, all of you baby-carrying moms...what do you recommend?

The Moby?

They Maya?
The Optave?

Or is there something better I should know about? I'm REALLY open to suggestions and I'm hoping to order a carrier by the end of this week, so let me hear what you have to say. ASAP!

7 comments:

Van Dusen's said...

Just my experience but once my kids were over 3 months they DID NOT want to face in. So we had one that allowed them to face out and they loved it. Not sure of the brand but nothing expensive.

Shadow said...

I have a Moby and LOVE it! I figured out how to have her facing out and we'll take walks that way! It's $40 I think, and good until they're 35 lbs. Awesome! If you want, I"ll SKYPE-date with you and showy you all the ways I use it:)

Case said...

When I saw the title of your post, I thought maybe I could offer an opinion. But...I have never used any sort of carrier or sling, so I am no help. Sorry! But good luck:)

Jenny said...

I got a Maya for mothers day. It was awesome and the babies LOVED it. I got compliments and "where did you get that's" all the time. Oh and I sold it for $40 after I was done. Boo ya. (p.s. i know your davis cousins and found your blog off of theirs one day and was hooked!)

Heidi Pinckard said...

Personally I would go for the last one because it is more versatile. You can use it as he gets older too. The others are (at least in my experience)more geared towards infancy and tininess. Just my thoughts.Good luck!

Heidi

Krystal and Bruce said...

I have a moby and hated but now that she holds her head and can almost sit on her own it is great! She can sit facing out or in! I also have a carrier which is sweet too but is hard to get her in and out of. The moby is super long and takes a minute to put on and tends to get dirty while putting it on outside of the home and tends to get sag after a long walk. If you know people with either and can try it out or if you can go to a store and try them I would recommend that !!!

Brittany said...

I don't have one yet but I'm planning on getting one for baby #2. I have hear nothing but GREAT things about the ERGO. It has a waist strap so the baby's weight is not on your shoulders! And the baby can face in or be on your hip or back!