Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Spending Our Time

I've been going a tiny bit stir crazy in our little apartment. Not that I don't love our home, because I do! But when it's rainy and chilly outside, we seem to be home more than usual. I suppose we should get used to it being that perhaps the coldest winter of our life will soon be upon us! Anyway, to pass the time, I've been doing little projects to make our house seem more like a home. Here are some things I've been working on.

At our stake conference the stake president spoke about having BFFs and how we should feel like all our friends are our BFFs and it really struck a chord with me. And since Collin's my very best BFF, I made this little poster to hang in our room.

Also, Sister Hunt from my hometown gave me some money for our baby shower that was SPECIFICALLY for a temple picture in Nolan's room. But when I started looking for a temple picture I realized that we have so many important temples to us, and so I couldn't choose just one! So I spent hours making this little poster that shows the temple we were sealed in, the temple in Collin's mission, the temple Collin and I attended often during our first 4 years of marriage, and others across the world. Also in stake conference the temple matron said that there is always a temple open around the world and therefore 'the sun never sets on a temple of the Lord'. I went with it! I'll use Sister Hunt's money for a great frame for the print!
And lastly, here is my dream design board for our living room. Some of the things we already have, like the chair and the couch, and other things I've found on Craigslist for cheap, or at Target where we have giftcards, and everything else can hopefully be hand made by me when I'm feeling crafty! Fun!



I've been spending my time thinking about house stuff. And Nolan's been spending his time under the couch.

We have the best life!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Bundle that little guy up and get outside as much as you can now. Trust me. The days of cold and dreary and stir crazy are coming.

I love your temple pic, it's awesome.

Kylee and Dustin said...

I love the temple picture. You should put it on Etsy.

Markee said...

You do have a great life!! So glad we got to skype today! Awesome projects!!!!

Lauri said...

Love all of the projects! Your life so parallels my life of thirty years ago when we took our first kiddo and traipsed across the US to Minnesota. life was so full of new adventures for us and I can clearly remember having the same thoughts as you do.

And I agree with Michelle, get out now before it becomes nearly impossible.