Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Our 4th Wedding Anniversay

Last week we (as you know, and thank you for the nice happy anniversary wishes) celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Collin woke me up (although I had been awake with Nolan for several hours, I pretended I was asleep when he came into our bedroom) with breakfast in bed (blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs, and a strawberry-banana smoothie), and then he told me our schedule for the day. He said first we would be going to The Magnificent Mile which is a mile of incredible shopping so that I could get a new pair of shoes (mine all have holes in them) or a new diaper bag (my purses aren't cutting it). After shopping we would head to Lincoln Park where they have a free zoo. And after the zoo we could either hang out in the park for a free jazz concert, or go to a Cubs game. Woot woot!! We then ate our breakfast, and I read to him my gift (the first few chapters of our "love story") and then we got ready for the day.

We took a bus to the Magnificent Mile and walked and walked looking for some shoes and/or a diaper bag. They were all too expensive, or out of the right size, or just didn't seem right. We were so exhausted after shopping (some people are cut out for shopping, we are not those people) and Nolan was starving, so we plopped right down in the middle of the sidewalk and took a break.

As we were walking the mile we kept getting glimpses of the lake. We really wanted to get a closer view so we started walking towards the lake, and when we got close enough to actually see the lake, we found this...
A beach!! It's a full-blown beach! And an all-inclusive one at that. They have warm weather, lots of gross swimming suits, plenty of volleyball nets, and ice cream vendors all around. What took us by surprise though, was the colllllld water!

It was soooo much fun, and Nolan was a sweetheart and slept through most of it.
But right as we were leaving, he woke up.
And we couldn't resist letting him play in the water during his first trip to the beach.

I accidentally got my and Nol's pants wet. We took's Nol's off to dry. I didn't have the same luxury.

Then we walked down to the zoo where Collin and I both had to go potty so terribly bad that we really rushed through the zoo and didn't give taking pictures a single thought.

We finally found public restroom at the end of our zoo trip, and despite the absolute filth we encountered, we were whole again.

We then headed down to Navy Pier where there is something for everyone. We decided to ride the ENORMOUS ferris-wheel. We saw the most breathtaking views of our new city.




It was such a lovely day and I'm so glad to have shared it with Colly and Nol. We've loved these past 4 years and can't wait to have many, many more!!

2 comments:

Van Dusen's said...

Wow! The city looks awesome and sooo pretty! What a fun day! Happy anniversary.

Lauri said...

I'm so excited to hear about your adventures in Chicago.
Miss you!