Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pizza Predicament

"Homemade Pizza" is what our menu said for Wednesday (last) night, but I was short a few things. A few important things; pizza crust, and pepperoni. So we walked Daddy to his bus stop yesterday and swung by the farmers market. We were in luck! Organic pizza crust AND organic pepperoni. Later that evening Daddy sent a text message saying he would be home in 30 minutes. So Nol and I had a heart to heart about being a good boy during tummy time so Mommy could whip up some pizza. He obliged and I got to work.





Just after I had the pizza assembled, the oven pre-heated, and the pizza stone ready to slide in the oven, Daddy got home! And just in time. Nol was starting to forget his end of the deal.

A few tickles and smoochies later, our pizza was done.


Looks delicious right?! (Never mind the uneven slicing). Well, earlier in the prepping process, when I unwrapped the organic pizza crus, an unpleasant aroma filled the room. I assumed it would disappear when the crust was smothered in olive oil, pizza sauce, toppings and then baked to the high heavens. Turns out I was wrong. We each ate a piece simply because we were STARVING. We each tried to down a second slice, but we couldn't do it.

Moral of the story, RUSTIC organic pizza crust bears its name proudly. It tasted about as rustic or rusty as anything I'd even consumed. Bad choice.

So we left our plates full of pizza, empty of Ranch, the kitchen a mess and went on a bike-ride. Nolan likes to hold my dress ties like reigns on a horse. I went faster with every whip of the reigns.

It was a lovely ride. And then we came home. And our pizza was still there. Along with its stench. I guess a girl can't have everything.

8 comments:

Rylee said...

hilarious! from now on i'd be dropping by your local pizzeria for some chicago style pizza, to heck with making it your self when you live in chicago!!

Anonymous said...

I have an AWESOME homemade pizza recipe. everything is homemade including the sauce. It is sooo good and even though everything is made from scratch not hard at all. I'll email it to you or something and you can choose whether to make it or not! by the way I seriously stock your blogs... I love seeing all of Nolans pics! hes is sooo cute!

Tassi Smith said...

I have a pizza recipe too. Also a lot of pizzerias will sell their pizza dough. It always stinks when you take the time to make something and it fails.

Kylee and Dustin said...

I have a dough I make from scratch too. Not fabulous, but like 4 ingredients so it's a go to when I don't know what else to make. You should have a pizza recipe collaboration post :)

I love the horse reigns, that's awesome!!!!!

Markee said...

This is funny but makes me want to cry for you at the same time! Glad you guys can laugh about it. I hate making something that tastes nasty!! On the up side the 2 of you on that bike is adorable!!

kate said...

Ashlee, the photo of you riding the bike is so great. Frame that baby.

Kates said...

Riding a bike in a dress?? Only you Ash! I am loving this blog!

Ash said...

I love that picture. Sorry the pizza was a stinker!