Tuesday, August 30, 2011

This One Goes Out To You, Dad

This morning I got a really urgent-feeling, concerned call from my Dad. Our conversation went something like this;

"Hi Dad!"

"Hi, Ash. I'm calling to check on your hands and fingers, are they okay?"

"Ughhhh...I think so? I'm not sure what you're talking about."

"Well there's got to be something wrong with them because you haven't blogged in 5 days."

Oh my Daddy! I love that he cares enough about my life to notice when it's been a while. Also, my mom was in the car and she may or may not have had something to with him calling me to give me a hard time. I think she likes the updates too! :)

So, here's an update in a series of 5 facts, and some accompanying commentary:

Nolan is a chubby McChubberson. He weighs 17 pounds. This shocked and slightly concerned me, so I sent a text to his cousins' (who are about 2 months older than Nol) mom, to see what they're weighing in at these days. Turns out my shock and concern was totally valid. Little miss twin is 15 pounds, and her twin brother is 16 pounds. We decided Nolan, the chunk, will just have their back when they're older. If anybody messes with the twins, he'll just sit on the culprit. Need evidence of the chub? Here's your proof...he's so chubby that he's multiplying.

2. We went on a Chicago scavenger hunt with Coll's school to try and get to know the city better. Highlights included;

*Watching Coll walk a stranger's dog
*Seeing the whole team fit in one section of a revolving door
*And capturing this on camera:


3. We've found a delicious ice cream place (we actually found it when we came here to interview a few years back) that we would like to take you all to when you come visit. You pick your flavor, your toppings, and then your color!!

4. I've been trying really hard to work on my photography skills. Nolan's been my good little model. Here are some of my favorites:

5. We got some pictures back of our family outside the temple after Nolan's sealing. I'm still playing around with editing and what not but here's one of my favorites so far:

Life is good! We're loving Chicago and are excited for some family that's visiting next month! Any and ALL of you are welcome to visit, anytime!

10 comments:

Ash said...

Oh my gosh look at those lips! He is so precious!

Mamma Martin said...

He's precious in black and white--more precious in just white! Just plain precious!! I love him!!

Renee said...

don't worry too much about the chubbyness...he will grow a couple of inches and be totally fine.

Renee said...

and I agree with Tonna! How adorable is he? look at that pout..definitely a Bronson pout. haha

Niki said...

With two refrigerators I'm surprised you're not all McChubbersons! And that first b&w picture where he's looking up, perfect. It shows the pure innocence of babies. I have one of mine at that age and I cherish it!

Markee said...

I want to come visit! The chubbiness is outrageously delicious!!

Markee said...

I want to come visit! The chubbiness is outrageously delicious!!

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

Come visit Mark! And Niki, I am cracking up about the 2 fridges. lol

Kates said...

He is a doll!! What great pictures and I am glad your dad gave you a hard time cuz I love the updates too!

Whitney said...

Love your pictures!! Nol, is precious. I want to eat his cheeks so bad!